Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Well HELLO there!


Sorry for the delay in my updates…trying to get my white blood count up is HARD work you know. *smile* It has been a week of sitting on the couch in my soft new jammies (thanks Kari!), and trying to stay far, far away from the world of germs. Ok….so it hasn’t been THAT rough (other than me being a little stir crazy at times). J Besides my “froggy” voice, I am actually feeling pretty well, which I am thankful for.


This week is considered my “recovery” week, the week where my body is supposed to recuperate from my previous chemo treatments to gear up for the next big round of chemo. As long as my white count is up on Friday, we will be good to go for the next cycle. Let’s hope that’s the case…I don’t want to prolong any treatments; I just want to blast through this and get ‘er done!


On a more cautious note, I am a little bit concerned about chemo this week. Not the actual process of receiving it, but at my body’s reaction to it afterwards. For those of you that have had allergic reactions before, you know that the more of something you have, the worse the reaction can be. Having swollen hands, hives and pain last week, I fear that I will again experience some sort of negative reaction from the drugs (let’s just hope it’s not worse and that the steroids can keep it in check).


I continue to be blessed with wonderful people spoiling me each week….delicious meals, fun care packages, rides for my kids, thoughtful words, prayers and calls…you all amaze me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart…

Love to all...
Nae

9 comments:

  1. Well there is not better week than this subzero week to cozy up on the couch with some old school movies :-) Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...warm and cozy inside is the place to be! Thanks for thinking of me Debbie... :)

      Delete
  2. I love the updates and think of you often throughout the week, Renee. Praying for smooth sailing through this week's round of chemo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina....it's nice to be thought of. :) I appreciate the smooth sailing prayers as well...

      Delete
  3. Keep warm. Happy thoughts and prayers being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to get your update. Thanks for sharing your concerns over the next round of treatment. That gives some specifics for your fans and prayer warriors to focus on! Given this crazy cold weather, I think the idea of staying cozy inside away from germs is a good one for us all! Praying for good counts on Friday, an easy next round of treatment with very minimal side effects!

    With you in HOPE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ang....I always appreciate your words of encouragement. :) Have a great week! (thanks for the sweet little "rock of hope" as well....LOVE IT!)

      Delete
  5. Thinking of you Renae & sending warm hugs & much love.

    ReplyDelete