Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"When life kicks you, let it kick you forward."

 
Found this picture/quote on Pinterest the other day and it resonated with me, so I wanted to share.
 
I didn't pick this journey I am about to embark on, but since I have to go on it, I hope that it makes me a better person in the process. :)  I am sure I will have emotional days along the way, but I am hoping that I can find little nuggets of strength and inspiration in my everyday life. (I know that they are there somewhere...I just might have to look harder for them some days.)
 
This will be a brief blog entry because I am technically not supposed to be "signing any important documents" for the next 24 hours, since I had surgery and anesthesia today. I guess that means that I might not be very clear headed on things...better not risk sounding dumb on my blog, right? ;)
 
APPOINTMENT UPDATE
 
Today I went into the hospital to have my "Power Port" put in. My dear friend JB from college brought me in and sat with me while I waited to see the surgeon. The procedure was relatively easy (as far as surgeries go) and I was happy to be recovering with warm blankets and a surgical gown that had warm air blowing into it afterwards. (How cool is that??) I didn't know they even had such a thing, but when my surgery was completed and my teeth started to chatter, I was pleasantly surprised to have instant heat! There is just something SO comforting about being warm!
 
It's kind of crazy to think about having outpatient surgery....they just do their thing and then you are on your merry way! Other then a super sore/stiff neck, I feel fine, which I am thankful for. Being nauseous is the worst, so I am happy to not be experiencing that at the moment.
 
That's all for now...
 
Love to all...
Nae

2 comments:

  1. Got your card today of your beautiful family LOVING life & each other. It is now posted inside my cabinet where I reach for my coffee mug each morning - a good reminder of the beauty of LIFE & to dedicate a prayer for exactly that!

    My words for you today are "kick it's ass"! Yes, spoken like a true New Yorker - sometimes not very lady like, but definitely genuine. Sweet Dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Love it....sometimes you need to bring out the "big guns" when dealing with cancer! Makes me laugh to see all my church gals bringing out the cuss words....I LOVE IT! hahahahaha....

      Glad you liked our card...that's sweet of you to keep it as a daily reminder of the beauty of life...I love that!

      Delete