Monday, January 7, 2013

3rd Day After Chemo...

Just a quick note to check in with you all.

Last night I started to feel a slight amount of side effects from my chemo treatment on Friday. I started to feel nautious, but was able to subside that feeling with my meds thankfully! Now I am just dealing with sporadic leg/ankle joint pain. I am holding off on taking Advil until I get to go out onto the volleyball court tonight for our games though!

I am sure you all know how near and dear to my heart volleyball is...it truly brings so much joy to my life! At this point, I am going to make every possible effort to keep playing as long as I possibly can. Here's hoping I can power through it all! Just getting out on the court with my favorite coed and women's teams (LOVE MY DIVAS!!), will bring me positive energy in itself! 

Other things going on....

My dear friend Steph set up a Care Calendar starting with 2 meals a week until May...after a day's time it was already filled with meals through MARCH! Seriously?!? You guys are AWESOME! Thank you!

My dad came down to spend some time with us yesterday and today and it is so nice to have him here!

Today is Piper & Anika's birthday AND Aaron's first day at his new job! YAY!

Ok....that's all for now....I am still super behind on responding to all your wonderful notes and messages...but I appreciate them more then you will ever know!

Love to all...
Nae


2 comments:

  1. Renae ~ You are spending time on the important things in life right now...taking care of you, celebrating and attending to day-to-day family joys, making sure you continue to connect with your physical and social love ~ volleyball!, and devoting energy toward smacking cancer's butt!! No apologies needed for individual response neglect! Not expected ~ particularly if it takes away from time dedicated to the above activites! Just know that those who care are thanked by your messages of hope. ~ Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding Phoebe! You always have a fun way of wording things...I love to read your messages! ;) Missed you guys at BC last night! Love, Nae

      Delete