Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Day with Nae! Race For The Cure...


Join me for the Twin Cities “Race for the Cure” on Mother’s Day, May 12, 2013!!

My family and I will be doing the 5K Walk (3.1 miles) and we would LOVE for you to join our team! J The Race will be held outside the Mall of America and it is a wonderful experience for a great cause!

Our team name is called “Nae’s Way” (in honor of the current “detour” I am taking). You can register to walk with us at the following Web site:

www.komenminnesota.org

Once you get to the site, you will need to click on the tab that says “Komen Race For The Cure” and then “Register”. You can register online or by mailing your forms in. Make sure you register as a team participant, not as an individual. (You will need to select team “Nae’s Way” from a dropdown list of teams.)

Here are a few of the basics…

 
-       With your registration fee you receive a t-shirt, race bib, wristband and Race Day refreshments.

-       Adults and kids can walk. Strollers are ok for the walk, but all participants (even babies) must be registered.
 
-       If you register before March 7th, you can get a discount (Adults $25, Kids $12). If you register between March 8th and April 18th it’s $30 for adults and $15 for kids. After April 19th and the fee goes up to $35 for adults and $17 for kids.

-       The team captain is responsible for picking up the team packet of shirts and materials, so I will be taking care of this and will organize a meeting time and place for us the day of the race.

-       The race starts at 9:00 a.m., but we will meet earlier (probably 7:30 or 8:00 somewhere). They also have a Health Expo from 7-10 with free stuff and refreshments.

 

Team Shirts???

Just a little backdrop….the Minnesota Volleyball Association hosts a tournament every year up in Duluth called Arrowhead. It is a benefit tournament and this year it is going to be held in my honor.

We are selling t-shirts and raffle tickets for the tournament and ALL of the proceeds will go to Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation in my name. (our own little way of fundraising *smile*) The t-shirts are black with a pink ribbon and a volleyball on them and they are super cute!

I thought it might be fun to have my “Race for the Cure” team wear these Arrowhead shirts for the walk (if they want to). They are $12.00 and I will be posting ordering information both on my blog and on Facebook if you are interested in ordering one.

I think it would be fun for my team to have matching shirts, but it is certainly not required by any means. In fact, we can have a mixture of matching Arrowhead t-shirts and Race For the Cure t-shirts (free with your registration), so whatever you choose to wear is fine by me! I will just be honored to have people walking with me! J

Care to join us??? J

No comments:

Post a Comment