Monday, March 4, 2013

Benefit Info and other updates...

Just a few updates to fill you all in...

I have not heard back yet from genetic testing, but will let you all know as soon as I know more. Cobra goofed in confirming with Blue Cross that we were covered for insurance for the second half of January, so that pushed my test out until they could sort it all out. Thank goodness it was THEIR fault and not mine. ;)

This week I have a number of appointments....Tuesday I meet with my radiation oncologist to discuss our plan for radiation following surgery, Wednesday morning I meet with my plastic surgeon to discuss reconstruction details after my double mastectomy, Wednesday afternoon I have a check in with my regular oncologist, and Friday finishes the week off with my fourth BIG chemo session.

Other things that are going on...

Every year the MN Volleyball Association runs a benefit tournament up in Duluth. This year the tournament proceeds are being donated to Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation in my honor. We are selling t-shirts and raffle tickets and you can purchase either item at www.mnvba.com (click on the "Arrowhead Central" tab for more information). Below is a picture of the shirts...they are $12.00 (my favorite number!).

Raffle tickets are only $1 or 7 for $5.00 and they we have AWESOME prizes this year!! (iPad2, iPad Mini, iPod Nano, 1 week stay at Bay View Lodge, signed MN Vikings Percy Harvin Jersey and MANY other prizes!!) Drawing will be held on March 22nd at Grandma's Sports Garden in Duluth, but you do NOT need to be present to win!

(A huge thank you to Shari Perkins for designing the cool Arrowhead shirt below!)





 
Hope you are staying warm and safe in this snowy weather we are having! Have a great week!
 
Love, Nae

No comments:

Post a Comment