Friday, February 22, 2013


Sorry it has taken me a while to sit down and update my blog. I have been busy. Well, kind of. If you consider “resting” A LOT to be busy, then yes….I have been VERY busy! J Last Friday I had my 3rd big round of chemo, and much like my 1st round, I have been feeling quite tired and nauseous afterwards.

 Following my chemo treatment, I was fortunate to be able to spend a lovely weekend with some of my dearest college friends at a cabin up north. They spoiled me by going out of their way to pick me up for the weekend and letting me just relax and nap whenever I needed to. It was a restful weekend full of great friends and a lot of much needed laughter and support! I even snuck in my first Wild game of the season on my way home on Sunday! (They WON by the way…and I just love it when they sound the foghorn after scoring….it reminds me of back home in Duluth. J)

 After my weekend away, I was able to play volleyball on Monday night, but we had a double-header and my body just felt run down and plain tired! I think the chemo caught up with me and I had to skip volleyball on Tuesday night and all social activities the rest of the week. I am hoping that all of my resting this week will pay off though, because I am supposed to play in a volleyball tournament with some of my Divas tomorrow. I can’t wait to get back out on the court!!

 
I spoke with my Oncologist last week, and asked her some more questions about the timing of surgery and next steps after chemo. I had originally thought that I would have surgery in June or July, but she made it sound like she wants me to have surgery right away in May to prevent any of the tumors from growing back. (On a side note…I would really like to organize a team to walk with me on Mother’s Day for the Race for the Cure, so I am hoping that I can work surgery in the week after the race, but we shall see!)

 
Aaron and I met with the surgeon that will perform the double mastectomy this week, we will meet with a radiation oncologist next week, and then we need to schedule an appointment with a plastic surgeon before I will know specific timing. For now, I am guessing my surgery will be sometime in May, but I will keep you all posted on the specifics once I know more.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love to all,

Nae

No comments:

Post a Comment